We are excited to update the community on the recent additions and improvements to the MoneroV project. Be sure to get updated and check out the community & ambassador program, join the discussion on Telegram and follow us on Twitter.
Watch-only Wallet Update
The watch only wallet was updated to include a check for the accuracy of the wallet balances. This update is a continuation of previous additions that are aimed to mitigate against double count attacks on services using MoneroV. The MoneroV wallet will now both block a double count attack on the watch-only wallet and issue a warning upon such attempt. This is useful primarily for exchanges and other services who mainly use the watch-only wallet in their API’s to make transactional recordings which are critical to their operations.
Major SpendProof Fix
SpendProof “Invalid signature size” is now mitigated in the latest code addition. The fix includes returning a bad signature warning instead of throwing an error which has been triggered inappropriately in the case of checking a different txid than the one that was used to create the signature. This bug caused multiple issues for many third-party services that integrated MoneroV in the past.
- Miner thread limits lifted
- Multiple caches are now invalidated when popping blocks
- Type name when size check fails in now logged
- Build data dir fixed
The team and community are looking forward to expanding the adoption of XMV as a privacy cryptocurrency and blockchain project. You can take part by suggesting improvements, mining, spreading the word or by implementing the MonerovWP plugin on your website.
Join the Team!
We are looking for talented individuals to join the expanding MoneroV team including:
- C++ developer with at least two years of Qt experience and experience with blockchain protocols. Full or part-time work opportunity to work on the MoneroV GUI.
- Community and outreach manager with proven knowledge working on a CryptoNote / Privacy based blockchain project. Help expand social media reach, outreach campaigns and be in charge of 3rd party merchant integration (to include XMV) from start to finish.
Be sure to get in touch! Official MoneroV links:
team [@] monerov.org