We are excited to update the community on the recent additions and improvements to the MoneroV project. Be sure to get updated and check out the community & ambassador program, join the discussion on Telegram and follow us on Twitter.
Seed Nodes Fallback Overhaul
In MoneroV there is a fallback seed node list in the case the original seed nodes list is unreachable or is taken down by a third party (there are several other methods MoneroV can circumvent potential contingencies). It was discovered that these seed nodes were added to the seed nodes list even when they had already been added.
In addition, their index was not reset after they were added, typically causing previous seed nodes to be used, and some of those fallback seeds to not be reached. The latest versions includes an overhaul in the way MoneroV fallbacks to even more servers in case of failure to the main seed node list.
Major Speedup Boost & Mnemonics Failures Fix
We suggest updating to the latest version as the new MoneroV version includes improved ways to debug mnemonic seed failures. Using the new version, more logging is provided when troubleshooting these failures. In addition, a significant performance boost was recorded due to skipping the “dust” output amounts.
- Verification errors with default settings in ringct changed
- Configurable console output in Wallet API is now allowed
- Peer state data added to synching info
- FindReadline in CMake updated
The team and community are looking forward to expanding the adoption of XMV as a privacy cryptocurrency and blockchain project. You can take part by suggesting improvements, mining, spreading the word or by implementing the MonerovWP plugin on your website.
Join the Team!
We are looking for talented individuals to join the expanding MoneroV team including:
- C++ developer with at least two years of Qt experience and experience with blockchain protocols. Full or part-time work opportunity to work on the MoneroV GUI.
- Community and outreach manager with proven knowledge working on a CryptoNote / Privacy based blockchain project. Help expand social media reach, outreach campaigns and be in charge of 3rd party merchant integration (to include XMV) from start to finish.
Be sure to get in touch! Official MoneroV links:
team [@] monerov.org