We are excited to update the community on the recent additions and improvements to the MoneroV project. Be sure to get updated and check out the community & ambassador program, join the discussion on Telegram and follow us on Twitter.
Handling RCT Outputs in Coinbase Transactions Bug Fixed
In MoneroV, RingCT is designed so that the amount of XMV displayed to the user is different from the XMV amount checked by the network.
When a coinbase transaction is created it will include a null RCT signature and an amount in plain text. The network will construct a commitment from this amount.
However, if the coinbase transaction includes a non-null RCT signature, it will be able to communicate a masked amount too. This vulnerability was patched and we advise third-party service to update their MoneroV daemon.
Daemon Caching Upgrade
We suggest updating to the latest version as the new MoneroV version includes improved ways to store and release cache. This significantly speeds up the daemon connection and the user’s need for a secure and private persistent storage.
- Setting no logs in mlog fixed
- Added required dependency of boost::this_thread::sleep_for
- Removed span reads that failed to pass some basic tests
- Fixed return type mismatches bug
The team and community are looking forward to expanding the adoption of XMV as a privacy cryptocurrency and blockchain project. You can take part by suggesting improvements, mining, spreading the word or by implementing the MonerovWP plugin on your website.
Join the Team!
We are looking for talented individuals to join the expanding MoneroV team including:
- C++ developer with at least two years of Qt experience and experience with blockchain protocols. Full or part-time work opportunity to work on the MoneroV GUI.
- Community and outreach manager with proven knowledge working on a CryptoNote / Privacy based blockchain project. Help expand social media reach, outreach campaigns and be in charge of 3rd party merchant integration (to include XMV) from start to finish.
Be sure to get in touch! Official MoneroV links:
team [@] monerov.org