We are excited to update the community on the recent additions and improvements to the MoneroV project. Be sure to get updated and check out the community & ambassador program, join the discussion on Telegram and follow us on Twitter.
Multisig Arbitrary Messages Upgrade
A major addition to the Multisig functionality was added. Multisig messages can now contain service data like “what is the synchronization status” or “I disagree to sign this transaction proposal”. These messages are able to be signed and verified by others and they all can be sure the messages remain unchanged. This service provides the ability to exchange keys and partial images between multisig participants.
Sanity Check Crash and Execution Fixes
Several sanity checks such as one in the detach_blockchain method when importing multisig information were corrupt and were fixed. In addition, numerous updates were done in simplewallet that changed the way methods end their execution. These methods usually involved the version and help methods.
Since multiple methods had their code execution changed, we advise third parties to upgrade to the newest version only after ensuring these methods were not used, and if they were, to change them accordingly.
- Increase RPC timeout for get_output_distribution in the wallet
- Add missing parameters to get_output_histogram
- Added debugging information when blocks are found
The team and community are looking forward to expanding the adoption of XMV as a privacy cryptocurrency and blockchain project. You can take part by suggesting improvements, mining, spreading the word or by implementing the MonerovWP plugin on your website.
Join the Team!
We are looking for talented individuals to join the expanding MoneroV team including:
- C++ developer with at least two years of Qt experience and experience with blockchain protocols. Full or part-time work opportunity to work on the MoneroV GUI.
- Community and outreach manager with proven knowledge working on a CryptoNote / Privacy based blockchain project. Help expand social media reach, outreach campaigns and be in charge of 3rd party merchant integration (to include XMV) from start to finish.
Be sure to get in touch! Official MoneroV links:
team [@] monerov.org