We are excited to release an update on the recent developments of the MoneroV project. Be sure to get updated and check out the community & ambassador program, join the discussion on Telegram and follow us on Twitter.
Double TX Race Condition Fix
An issue revolving a possible denial of service attack has been fixed in the latest release. An attacker would have been able to constructer two identical transactions and add them to the tx pool and render it useless. Although the blockchain would reject the second transaction in any case, the MoneroV daemon failed to clean the transaction pool due to a race condition.
The recent fix includes a lock to prevent such case and third-party service are advised to update their daemon.
The team and community are excited and embracing the latest addition of $XMV to CoinMarketCap, the leading cryptocurrency tracking tool established in 2013. This is in addition to existing trackers listings such as CoinGecko, CoinLib.io, CoinCodex and others.
Our team is in talks with other indexes such as Whattomine and welcome the community support in outreach to these.
P2P Connection Upgrade
In many instances, the MoneroV daemon might not be reachable due to a misconfigured server, a server’s outbound or inbound connection loss or an unforeseen underlining bug. Until this current update, there was no way for a MoneroV daemon operator to notice such an event without installing specific monitoring services on his server. This could cost a loss of significant XMV mining revenue, trading revenue to exchanges and render a custodian service useless.
The latest update ensures the operator receives a warning when inbound connections are lost and can act quickly by configuring a way to automatically restart the daemon.
- The protocol handler was updated
- The fee command was fixed to use the correct sum
- Epee’s http controller was upgraded and is now working faster
The team and community are looking forward to expanding the adoption of XMV as a privacy cryptocurrency and blockchain project. You can take part by suggesting improvements, mining, spreading the word or by implementing the MonerovWP plugin on your website.
Join the Team!
We are looking for talented individuals to join the expanding MoneroV team including:
- C++ developer with at least two years of Qt experience and experience with blockchain protocols. Full or part-time work opportunity to work on the MoneroV GUI.
- Community and outreach manager with proven knowledge working on a CryptoNote / Privacy based blockchain project. Help expand social media reach, outreach campaigns and be in charge of 3rd party merchant integration (to include XMV) from start to finish.
Be sure to get in touch! Official MoneroV links:
team [@] monerov.org