If you’re reading this, you’re probably wondering whether you need a Social Security Number (SSN) to use Coinbase. The short answer is no, you don’t need a SSN to use Coinbase.
However, there are some circumstances where you might need to provide your SSN to Coinbase.
For most people, using Coinbase without a SSN is perfectly fine. You’ll be able to buy and sell cryptocurrencies without any problems. However, there are a few situations where you might need to provide your SSN to Coinbase:
1. If you want to buy or sell cryptocurrencies worth more than $10,000 in a single day.
2. If you want to withdraw more than $10,000 from your Coinbase account in a single day.
3. If you’re a US citizen or resident and you want to open a Coinbase account.
4. If you’re trying to verify your identity with Coinbase so that you can use certain features of the platform (e.g.
, sending wire transfers).
5. If you’re trying to recover your account password and customer support needs to verify your identity.
6. IfCoinbase detects suspicious activity on your account and needs to verify your identity in order to protect your account from fraud.
So, in summary, you don’t need a SSN to use Coinbase under most circumstances. However, there are some situations where Coinbase might require you to provide your SSN.