We are excited to update the community on the recent additions and improvements to the MoneroV project. Be sure to get updated and check out the community & ambassador program, join the discussion on Telegram and follow us on Twitter.
Monero’s Protocol Upgrade & MoneroV
Approximately on the 18th-19th of October (Monero’s version 8 starts from block 1685555), Monero will undergo a network upgrade. MoneroV’s independent network will not tweak its PoW algorithm as of now. Miners, pools, and services do not need to make any changes or download new software to use the MoneroV network which is stable.
We believe the changes introduced in the XMV launch are sufficient to curve potential threats to the network, and miners of all kinds can support the blockchain as it is. Minimum ringsize will remain at 7, with the option to increase when sending XMV’s.
MoneroV is and will remain the leading Cryptonight V7 based blockchain project, with improvements and add-ons we will be introducing in the coming months.
Monero Burning Bug Fix
The burning bug is a situation where a wallet is not providing a warning as it is receiving a ‘burnt’ output. As a result, an attacker could not directly benefit and accumulate coins but can harm the wallets of different organizations. We are glad to update that the Burning bug issue was already addressed and fixed weeks ago.
It is important for the community to be aware that there are no known security bugs or issues with the XMV network that prevents services, exchanges or pools to interact with the blockchain.
DoS/RPC Eppe Bug fix
A pair of denial of service vulnerabilities have been found, one by the Cisco Talos team, and one reported by the Monero team. In addition, a bug was found that could affect the RPC wallet. Both fixes have been pushed to master.
Talos Epee vulnerability release: https://blog.talosintelligence.com/2018/09/epee-levin-vuln.html
Talos Epee deep-dive: https://www.talosintelligence.com/reports/TALOS-2018-0637/
Recent Changes and Additions –
- MoneroV can now be used to buy thousands of products securely and anonymously through the WooCommerce platform. The MoneroV WP Plugin exposes MoneroV to a larger section of users who seek to use privacy-focused cryptocurrencies while shopping online and enable them to purchase everyday products anonymously. Our team is working on and looking forward to implementing more plugins and extension to include XMV on common eCommerce gateways. Get started – github.com/monerov/monerovwp
- By popular demand, we have added a version command to SimpleWallet and the Wallet RPC Server has been upgraded with an equivalent get_version command. Exchanges and third-party services could use these methods instead of the convoluted approach of the past.
- We are glad to announce the addition of the public multi-sig signing. Services such as wallets and other third-party providers can now take full advantage of the MoneroV multi-sig compatibility.
- Daemon API additions – Through the process of helping third-party services integrate MoneroV into their systems, versioning issues have been causing a major setback for these services both when updating code and creating a backward compatible environment. We have added new API methods including versioning that will help mitigate these issues.
- Development stack tracing addition – Understanding why things fail in the development is crucial to speed up testing and resolve ongoing issues and code commits. This is the reason we added better stack tracing to figure out quickly the reasons behind a potential crash and fix bugs much faster.
Join the MoneroV Team!
We are looking for talented individuals to join the expanding MoneroV team including:
- C++ developer with at least two years of Qt experience and experience with blockchain protocols. Full or part-time work opportunity to work on the MoneroV GUI.
- Community and outreach manager with proven knowledge working on a CryptoNote / Privacy based blockchain project. Help expand social media reach, outreach campaigns and be in charge of 3rd party merchant integration (to include XMV) from start to finish.
Be sure to get in touch! Official MoneroV links:
team [@] monerov.org