Google Authenticator is a two-step verification process that adds an extra layer of security to your online accounts. When you enable two-step verification (also known as two-factor authentication), you’re asked to enter a code in addition to your password when you sign in.
The code is generated by the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
With Coinbase, you can use Google Authenticator to secure your account with two-factor authentication. This means that in addition to your password, you’ll also need to enter a code generated by the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
The code changes every 30 seconds, so even if someone knows your password, they won’t be able to access your account unless they also have your phone.
To set up Google Authenticator for Coinbase:
1. Download the Google Authenticator app on your iPhone or Android device.
2. Open the Coinbase app and tap on the menu icon in the top left corner.
3. Tap on Security.
4. Tap on Two-Factor Authentication.
5. Tap on Enable Authy/Google Authenticator.
6. Follow the instructions to link your Google Authenticator app with Coinbase.
Once you’ve set up two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator, you’ll need to enter a code from the app whenever you sign in to Coinbase. You’ll also need to have the Authenticator app open and available when you want to make any changes to your account settings or when you want to buy or sell digital currency.