If you’re using Coinbase in the US, you’ll need to verify your identity before you can buy or sell cryptocurrencies. This process is known as “Know Your Customer” or KYC.
To verify your ID on Coinbase:
1. Sign in to your Coinbase account.
2. Click the “Settings” link in the top menu bar.
3. Select “Account” from the dropdown menu.
4. Scroll down to the “Account Verification” section and click the “Start Verification” button.
5. Follow the instructions on screen to complete the process.
You will need to provide your full name, date of birth, address, and upload a photo ID.
Coinbase will review your application and may request additional information if needed. Once your ID is verified, you will be able to buy and sell cryptocurrencies on Coinbase.