When you sign up for a Coinbase account, you’ll be asked to verify your identity by providing a phone number. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for an extra layer of security on your account.
If you lose your phone or can’t access your 2FA codes for any reason, you can still log into your account by requesting a one-time bypass code from Coinbase.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Coinbase website and click on the “Log in” button.
2. Enter your email address and password, then click on the “Forgot password?” link.
3. Enter your email address again and click on the “Send reset link” button.
4. Check your inbox for an email from Coinbase with a reset link.
Click on the link and follow the instructions to reset your password.
5. Once you’ve reset your password, log into your account and click on the “Security” tab.
6. Scroll down to the “Two-Factor Authentication” section and click on the “Request Bypass Code” button.
Bypassing two-step verification is a simple process that requires you to provide some basic information and follow a few steps. Once you have requested and received a bypass code from Coinbase, you will be able to log into your account and access your funds without having to use two-factor authentication.